Nikon D500 DX Format Flagship Launched ISO 1640000 4K .
Nikon announced the much awaited Nikon DX flagship upgrade and it will be called the Nikon D500. It packs the incredible performance of the D5, Nikon’s flagship FX-format model, into an agile body and at less than one third of the price of Nikon D5.
Order Now : Nikon D500
Nikon D500 incorporates the same powerful 153-point AF system as the D5 and shoots upto 10 fps with continuous autofocus. Just like the Nikon D5 it supports 4K UHD movies to meeting the demands of multimedia professionals. It will come with latest EXPEED 5 image-processing engine to deliver high-quality images and movies. ISO sensitivity range is from ISO 100 to 51200 and will be expandable to Hi 5 (ISO 1640000 equivalent) which should make it a performer in low light segment.
— NikonUSA (@NikonUSA) January 5, 2016
Here are the primary features and specifications of Nikon D500.
- Powerful 153-point AF achieves superior subject acquisition performance across a wide range of situations.
- High-speed continuous shooting at approx. 10 fps for up to 200 shots (14-bit lossless compressed RAW).
- Unique benefits of a compact DX system — 1.5x longer focal length.
- 4K UHD (3840 x 2160)/30p/25p/24p as well as 1080/60p video for up to 29 min.
- standard ISO sensitivity from 100 to 51200, expandable down to Lo 1 (ISO 50 equivalent) and up to Hi 5 (ISO 1640000 equivalent).
- The new 180K-pixel RGB sensor (approx. 180,000 pixels) further improves the performance of the camera’s Advanced Scene Recognition System.
- Touch-screen, tilting 8-cm/3.2-in. high-resolution monitor with significantly enhanced 2359k-dot resolution.
- Bluetooth and WiFi – D500 can be constantly connected to a smart device* with the SnapBridge application.
The price for D500 is set at $1999.95 in US and will be available from March 2016. Here are the product images of Nikon D500.
Read and compare with Nikon D5 here.
Pre-Order Now : Nikon D500
Let us know what you think of this mini DX powerhouse from Nikon. Share your views in comment below.
Follow Nikon D500 on Facebook for latest updates and Announcements: